Sunday, January 18, 2015

THE HAPLESS HARLOT ~BY~ GLADYS QUINTAL


The Hapless Harlot
 
"All of my senses were screaming at me to run – but run where? I’d lost everything. I had nothing. No one. Nowhere left to turn. I was utterly alone and now at the mercy of this stranger..."
 
Pre-order Sale on Now!!!

The Hapless Harlot is only 99cents to pre-order - the price returns to $3.99 upon release


 
Join the release party!
 
 
Teaser:
 
I opened my mouth to protest when the stranger pulled out his wallet and handed the woman two one hundred dollar bills.

“This should just about cover your loss of earnings, now take it and get out of here before I change my mind and get the police involved after all.”

He didn’t have to tell her twice. She snatched the money out of his hand, smiled from ear to ear and then turned and took off down the street with the other women running after her, no doubt making sure they got their cut. He then grabbed the clothes from me, stuffed them into my bag, turned and started wheeling it down the street.

“What are you doing?” I cried, exasperated. I was running to keep up with him. He didn’t answer but kept walking and towing my bag behind him. I caught up to him when he stopped by a silver car. He opened the boot and threw my bag in, slammed it shut and opened the car door.

“Get in,” he snapped without bothering to even turn and face me.

“What? I will not get in. For all I know you could be a serial killer or rapist!”

“Would you rather I left you here to fend for yourself? Those women have pimps and they will not be too thrilled to learn that you have been stealing money from out of their pockets. Though I am sure they will think of a way that you can make it up to them!” he snarled through gritted teeth.

“But you gave them money?” I gasped, suddenly realising that I was now in debt to this man that I didn’t know anything about.

“I did, yes. Let’s just call it an advanced payment for future services, shall we?”

“But I’m not…..” I tried to protest.
He roughly grabbed my arm and dragged me to the car.
“Just get in the bloody car, I will not tell you again!”
I was frantic and tried to pull away, but his grip on my arm was solid and was really starting to hurt. My eyes darted around the street looking for someone, anyone to help me, but all they saw were those same four women and a couple of big, scary looking guys running towards us, pointing and yelling.

“Shit!” I heard him curse under his breath. “Get in the car now!”

He let go of my arm and jumped into the driver’s side. The engine roared to life. I was standing there in shock, not knowing what to do.

“Last chance, get in or I will leave you here to deal with them on your own.”

I scrambled into the car, barely closing the door behind me before we sped off down the street with the two tough guys chasing us. I was glad to escape that hell, but wondered to myself if I’d jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment