Saturday, March 28, 2015

BREAKING THE NEXUS ~ BY ~ LINDSAY AVALON

My Review:
This is one of the most action packed paranormal,fantasy,romance,adventure book i have ever read . The story never slows down Sha Phoenix- supernatural cop is how i would put it who has to protect the Nexus at all cost and Connor Flynn-human cop and both can't understand what this strong attraction to each other is. You will meet some other amazing characters as well.Can you imagine if there is two realms and something or someone make them collide. You have Earth then you have basically Earth with every storybook character that you thought was a fairytale come true. There is good and bad in both worlds .I am gonna give some hints on what you will find in this amazing book but no spoilers- Sexy men human and nonhuman, Beautiful strong women, magic, shifters, people can read others minds, cops, banshee, murder. There is just so much in this series i can't name them all and you will want to make sure you get the next book in this series as well these are a must have for on your library shelf.




Breaking the Nexus Blurb:


A homicide detective out of his element...


Connor Flynn may not believe in fairy tales, but he knows evil. He witnesses it every day on the job. When a series of ritualistic murders plagues his city, he turns to the evidence for answers, not the supernatural. Then a mysterious woman materializes in the middle of his latest crime scene.


A fierce protector trapped in an unknown Realm...


Magic is a way of life for Sha Phoenix. When unknown forces weaken the Nexus, a thin barrier separating her world from the Human Realm, she crosses paths with a sexy detective she can't seem to resist.


A world on the brink of destruction...


Thrown together by fate, Sha and Connor must stop a deadly foe bent on destroying the world as they know it.


The Nexus is breaking, and all hell is about to unleash...literally


Buy Link:



Warrior Unleashed Blurb:
Nothing is more dangerous than an unleashed warrior.


When Sentinels, an elite group of warriors, begin dying under mysterious circumstances, the deaths are believed to be unrelated but Achaius Rilke knows the truth. As a panther Chimerae, he recognizes the signs of a predator...even an unpredictable one. No one is safe and the only person Achaius can trust is Saia Makan, a Tempestuous Sorceri and the very person who has driven him crazy for years. When the killer sets its sight on Saia, Achaius faces the fight of his life. But will he survive?


Buy Link:




Waking the Phoenix:
Winner of The Three Bookateers' Top Fantasy of 2014 Award!!


This is a continuation of Connor and Sha's story. Book 1, Breaking the Nexus, should be read first. Look for the third book, Taking the Realm, coming this spring!


***In memory of a dear family friend who recently died of lung cancer, a portion of the proceeds from this book will be donated to Lung Cancer Research. Thank you for your support in purchasing this book.***


As two Realms collide, the world descends into chaos.


From the moment Sha Phoenix dropped into the middle of Detective Connor Flynn's murder scene, he had known his life would never be the same. Following her claim to be a Sorceri from the Mythrian Realm, he had received a crash course in the impossible as they had struggled to stop a madman. Unfortunately, despite their efforts to stop the Nexus, a magical barrier separating the Mythrian and Human Realms, fractured. Magic and myth are spilling over into the Human Realm, plunging everything into turmoil.


Is their love strong enough to survive the flames of the phoenix?


When Sha vanished through a portal in the middle of battle, Connor did not hesitate to follow the woman he had claimed as his. Now in the Mythrian Realm, they join forces with the Sentinels, the guardians of the Realms, to protect the world they love. Will they be able to contain the evil taking control? Or will they perish in the flames of war?


Buy Link:


Suggested reading order of the Mythrian Realm:
  • Breaking the Nexus - Book 1 (Sha and Connor trilogy)
  • Warrior Unleashed - Book 1.5 (Achaius and Saia)
  • Waking the Phoenix - Book 2 (Sha and Connor trilogy)


Coming Soon to the Mythrian Realm:
  • Taking the Realm - Book 3 (Sha and Connor trilogy)
  • Broken Angel - Book 3.5 (Kastalia and Aries)
  • War's Angel - Book 4 (Kastalia and Aries)
  • Beautiful Mistake - Book 4.5 (Ian and Brenna)
  • Beautiful Danger - Book 5 (Ian and Brenna)
Author Bio:


I am a wife, a programmer, and now an author. I have an adorable mini Schnauzer and more books than I have room for. I love reading romance because no matter what may be happening in my life, I can always count on my books to end happily ever after. The day I met my husband was the day I truly began believing in happily ever after. After hearing me complain a few too many times that I had "nothing" to read despite the hundreds of paperbacks scattered around the house, my husband began suggesting I write my own stories. When I finally took his advice I discovered that although I enjoy my day job as a software engineer, my true calling is to be an author.


My sister drilled into me an appreciation for fantasy and mythology, something I try to bring to my books. My debut novel, "Breaking the Nexus", started as a book written for NaNoWriMo and has grown to so much more. It was the conduit that introduced me to a fantastic group of independent authors who have changed my life in unimaginable ways.

When I'm not writing, I've found a passion for blogging and interviewing fellow authors. I also love reading (of course!), baking, crochet, sewing sock monkeys, playing video games, and all sorts of random crafts. I have an incurable love of rubber duckies and stuffed animals, and I believe nobody should have to grow up if they don't want.

No comments:

Post a Comment